A woman may experience early pregnancy symptoms even before they skip their period. The symptoms may be similar to pre-menstrual distress woman get before their periods.
If you are experiencing some or all of the following symptoms it’s time to take a pregnancy test.
- Swollen and sore breasts
- Morning sickness
- Implantation bleeding
- Mood swings
- Missed period
- Backache/body ache
- Frequent urination
- Heart burn
These pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. One may or may not experience all the symptoms together. 8 out of 10 woman experience pregnancy sickness.
Headache is nothing but a kind of pain in the head or neck.
Headache is a common pregnancy symptom.
Hormonal changes may be the reason behind pregnancy headache.
Few other causes of headache may be,
- Lack of sleep
- Low blood sugar
- Take enough rest.
- Make yourself comfortable in a place where there is enough ventilation.
- Drink lots of water and liquid foods.
- Take a walk daily at least for 30-45 mins.
- Use either cold or hot compress to your head.
- Have a well-balanced diet.
Dizziness is a feeling of fainting.
- This is because during pregnancy 25% of your body’s blood flows to the fetus. Reduction in the flow of blood flow causes dizziness.
- An empty stomach can also cause dizziness.
- Have small and frequent meals.
- Avoid standing for long hours.
3. Morning sickness one of the very common pregnancy
Morning sickness involves nausea or vomiting.
- Morning sickness is one of the common pregnancy
symptomwhich involves Nausea or vomiting.
- Morning sickness may last up to 4th month of pregnancy. Some women may experience the symptom even after the 4th month of pregnancy.
- Changes in the levels of the hormone may be the reason for morning sickness.
- Nausea is nothing but a sensation of wanting to vomit.
- Vomiting may happen after having a meal or even on an empty stomach.
- Take small,frequent meals every 2-3 hrs.
- Avoid spicy and oily foods which may worsen the condition.
- Avoid taking medications for vomiting.
- Consult your doctor when you have severe vomiting.
4. Implantation bleeding
- As a result of the fertilized egg attaching to the inner side of uterus there can be discharge of blood from the vagina.
- Implantation bleeding may not be similar to a regular period .
- The flow of blood discharge will be very less compared to a regular period.
- Duration of discharge will last upto few hours or upto 3 days.
- Visit your doctor immediately which you experience symptoms like severe abdominal pain,heavy bleeding,dizziness and nausea as it may be an indication of an ectopic pregnancy.
- These symptoms may also be an indication of abortion.
Infrequent,slow and hard bowel movements cause constipation.
- Slow digestion process during pregnancy causes constipation.
- Dehydration can also cause constipation.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- High fibre diet(fresh fruits, leafy vegetables)
6. Backache/body ache
Pain in the back is backache.
A very common symptom during pregnancy happens due to the hormonal changes happening in your body.
- Avoid using high heels.
- Your sleeping bed should not be very soft or uneven.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Go for a walk daily for 30-45 mins.
- Hot water compress on your back helps to relieve backpain.
7. Frequent urination
Frequent urination is nothing but the urge to pee often.
This is due to the increase in blood flow in your body which in turn make your kidneys to produce extra fluids, therefore, ending up with frequent urination.
Do not hold urine,visit toilet frequently.
8. Swollen and sore breasts
Increased hormonal changes and increased blood flow to the breast region may cause pain on your breasts.
- Choose comfortable and supportive inner garments.
- You can also get maternity bras for support.
9. Missed Period
- If your periods are regular and you have skipped your periods for the 1st time its time to take a Home Pregnancy test.
- If you get a negative result you have to wait for few more days and repeat your test again.
- Still, if you get negative result its time to visit your doctor.
10. Mood swings
- Mood swings are caused because of your body going through lots of changes.
- And also you may be stressed up due to the morning sickness.
- Fear of pregnancy pain.
Do not stress up yourself this is just a phase and everything will become normal by the end of your 1st trimester.
- Fatigue is nothing but extreme tiredness which is considered to be one of the common pregnancy symptoms.
- During pregnancy, you can carry on with your regular household chores with ease. If you will any discomfort do not continue your work have some rest. Once you feel normal carry on with your works.
- Listen to what your body says.
- Because of morning sickness, you may feel tired.
- WEight loss due to morning sickness may make you tired.
- Increased progesterone hormone levels.
- Take enough rest.
- Balanced diet.
- Physical activity.
Heartburn is nothing but a burning sensation in the middle of the chest.
During pregnancy progesterone hormone levels will be higher which in turn affects the gastric motility causing heartburn.
- Avoid spicy,oily and fatty foods.
- Take a leisurely walk after a meal.